Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Screenplay: Meeting Gatsby


INT: Gatsby’s mansion.
                                              
The party roars around NICK as he sits with JORDAN and a few others. The sounds around them quiet down a bit before one of the men at the table lean in and talk to NICK.

STRANGER
(GATSBY)
Your face is familiar. Weren’t you in the Third Division in the war?

NICK
Why, yes. I was in the Ninth Machine-gun Battalion.

STRANGER
I was in the Seventh Infantry. I knew I’d seen you before.

NICK
Maybe you saw me in Château-Thierry.

STRANGER
Yes. What a gray little French town.

NICK
It’s hard to remember much of the place to be honest.

STRANGER
You know, I just purchased a hydroplane. Want to go with me, old sport? Just along the Sound.

NICK
What time?

STRANGER
Any time that suits you.

NICK
You know, this is an unusual party for me. I haven’t even seen the host and this man
Gatsby sent over his chauffeur with an invitation.

GATSBY
I’m Gatsby...

No comments:

Post a Comment